Happy Snow Day –
Wow! What a day! I’ve been hearing the cheers of children because of the big snow — and I may have heard a few groans from those having to shovel driveways. A beautiful blanket of snow always reminds me of Isaiah 1:18:
Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Here are some things to mark on your calendar for this week:
- Tomorrow’s Men’s Life Cancelled – February 14th Due to the winter storm moving hrough Central Virginia, this week’s Session of “SEVEN” is cancelled. Next week – February 21st, Mike Thompson of Zoweh Ministries will be the speaker. Doors will open at 6:00 a.m. and a light breakfast will be served. Over 125 men attended last Friday. Mark your calendar and take advantage of being a part of Men’s Life at TRBC.
- Sunday – February 16th Pastor Jonathan will launch the new sermon series,”When It Hurts Too Much to Cry.” This series is sure to minister to the men and women you shepherd as well as to the heart of every leader.
- February 17- 22nd. Please pray for the Guatemala team. We were scheduled to leave 2/24 – but because of the snow our flights were cancelled. We are excited to participate in the ground breaking of the Jerry Falwell Ministry Training Center on Tuesday. Pray about going with the team July 26- August 2nd and participate in all God is doing in Guatemala and beyond. Tim Grandstaff has an update list of all upcoming national and global mission trips available to you and your groups on SHARE.
Resources for Leaders:
- Sermon-based Group discussion questions are made available the Tuesday following the sermon at “Group Time” .
- They Do It Better Interesting perspective on Disciple Making,
- Re-Thinking Evangelism
- Women’s Life: If you are leading one of the Groups participating in Sacred Secrets, this article maybe of help to your ladies What if the Trouble is in Me?
Thanks for all you do!
Director of Women’s Ministry
Thomas Road Baptist Church